Wiltshire children and young people in care will have their own rucksack full of helpful items thank...
The Wiltshire and Swindon Countryside Access Forum is looking for new members to help shape the Wilt...
You are being asked for your say on proposals into possible changes to electoral arrangements of Wil...
Residents and local businesses are being asked for their views on two important projects in Salisbur...
I have been a Wiltshire councillor since 2009 representing Burbage and the Bedwyns, and before that represented Burbage on Kennet District Council. I am passionate about Wiltshire having lived here since 1991, moving to our home in Burbage in 1994.
As a councillor, I am committed to:
• Defending our local rail services to Bedwyn and beyond
• Improving the kerbside collection of all recyclables and expanding the variety of items collected to try and help the increase in recycling rates
• Working with all my parish councils so local concerns are heard and listened to
• Help local communities to introduce 20 mph speed limits to reduce speeding, accidents and casualties
• Continue to press for an improved broadband service to all rural Wiltshire
• Increase the expenditure on road maintenance
• Continue local campaign involvement in nearby areas which in the past have included Devizes, Chippenham and Melksham
Between 2009 and 2017 I sat on Wiltshire Cabinet holding the Leisure portfolio for 4 years when I championed the concept of investing in leisure centres across the county and converting them to community hubs. Between 2013 and 2017 I held the portfolio responsible for all the Council’s back office services including legal, HR, IT, and voter registration. Since leaving the Cabinet I have continued to work in the Overview and Scrutiny process sitting on a number of task groups including chairing the Task Group which was responsible for considering the new policy regarding advertising on council owned property. Previously, I was a board member of the Arts Council South West for 6 years and a governor of St. John’s School.
I qualified as a solicitor on leaving the University of Bristol and originally came to Wiltshire as head lawyer for National Power plc headquartered in Swindon. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and walking two lively cocker spaniels through our wonderful countryside. I am also awaiting the arrival of my first grandchild this year which will, I hope, be great fun.