As part of the Local Government Boundary Commission for England consultation on the Wiltshire Counci...
School children from across Wiltshire headed for County Hall, Trowbridge, to enjoy a peek into the f...
New affordable homes owned and managed by Wiltshire Council will soon be ready for occupation follow...
A bid for additional funds to create 49 new affordable rented council homes across Wiltshire has bee...
I have been a Wiltshire councillor since 2009 representing Burbage and the Bedwyns, and before that represented Burbage on Kennet District Council. I am passionate about Wiltshire having lived here since 1991, moving to our home in Burbage in 1994.
As a councillor, I am committed to:
• Defending our local rail services to Bedwyn and beyond
• Improving the kerbside collection of all recyclables and expanding the variety of items collected to try and help the increase in recycling rates
• Working with all my parish councils so local concerns are heard and listened to
• Help local communities to introduce 20 mph speed limits to reduce speeding, accidents and casualties
• Continue to press for an improved broadband service to all rural Wiltshire
• Increase the expenditure on road maintenance
• Continue local campaign involvement in nearby areas which in the past have included Devizes, Chippenham and Melksham
Between 2009 and 2017 I sat on Wiltshire Cabinet holding the Leisure portfolio for 4 years when I championed the concept of investing in leisure centres across the county and converting them to community hubs. Between 2013 and 2017 I held the portfolio responsible for all the Council’s back office services including legal, HR, IT, and voter registration. Since leaving the Cabinet I have continued to work in the Overview and Scrutiny process sitting on a number of task groups including chairing the Task Group which was responsible for considering the new policy regarding advertising on council owned property. Previously, I was a board member of the Arts Council South West for 6 years and a governor of St. John’s School.
I qualified as a solicitor on leaving the University of Bristol and originally came to Wiltshire as head lawyer for National Power plc headquartered in Swindon. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and walking two lively cocker spaniels through our wonderful countryside. I am also awaiting the arrival of my first grandchild this year which will, I hope, be great fun.