The closing date is Friday 28 August...
Conservative led Wiltshire Council is working closely with care providers as plans are made to allow...
A phased reopening for Wiltshire's leisure centres ...
Parents looking for summer activities for their 5 - 12 year olds can now find a wealth of opportunit...
I would like to thank everyone who supported me in the recent Wiltshire Council and Devizes Town elections. I look forward to representing Devizes North Ward again...
Born in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, I moved to Devizes in 1977 with my husband Peter and our two children who were both educated locally at St Joseph’s and Devizes School.
I assisted my husband as Mayoress of Devizes in 2005/06.
In 2007, after 21 years in local government, I retired and in May of that year became a Town and District Councillor. In the two years as a District Councillor I was on Resources Executive Committee, Licensing Committee, Devizes and District Association of the Disabled Executive Committee. I attended Residents’ group meetings and have worked with Youth Development Wiltshire Council.
As a Devizes Town Councillor I have been Chairman of Planning, Recreation and Properties, Joint Burial, and Full Council; a Committee member of Devizes and Roundway in Bloom, Carbon Footprint, Community Safety working with the police, Devizes Carnival, Devizes Town Trust Management and Neighbourhood Planning.
It was a great privilege to be elected as your Conservative Councillor for Devizes North on Wiltshire Council in 2013 and 2017.
Community and council work
Devizes Area Board Video
Devizes community area board video by Wiltshire Council
Wiltshire and Town Councillor Serving the Community
It has been three years since I was first elected to be your Wiltshire Councillor and ten years since I became a Devizes Town Councillor for North Ward.
I will continue to put your views first in my work as a Wiltshire Councillor and Town Councillor I will ensure that your views are heard when any decisions are taken about matters which affect our community such as Health Care Environment, Anti-Social Behaviour.
What Phab Does Nationally
Phab creates opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together.
- Supporting a network of around 180 clubs throughout England and Wales for all age-ranges, offering activities and holidays which members can share and enjoy together.
- Promoting and encouraging self-confidence and independence in young people of all abilities through a range of diverse projects.
- Funding special residential breaks – inclusive experiences for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to share in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition.
- Providing specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates.
- Organising national and regional events for Phab club members and supporters to enjoy together and to promote the Phab philosophy of inclusion.
Victoria Road has terrible parking problems. Wiltshire Council will be sending out a survey to local residents to see if residents’ parking is a viable option. Please watch out for it and have your say.
Pedestrian safety around Rotherstone
There is a plan to install floral planter's in the Rotherstone area of Devizes. This will make it safer for people to walk as well as stopping it from being used as a rat run. It has come to my attention that some drivers are mounting the pavement, so these planters will act as a barrier.
Devizes Canal Tow Path
This has been resurfaced between Prison Bridge and the Town Bridge. Well done to everyone who helped get it open for the Bank Holiday and Whitsun half term it is such a pleasure to see so many families using it.
Spending a Penny
After close discussions with Devizes Town Council the two Public toilets in the town are to be retained. These toilets are an important facility for the town for not just local residents but also for visitors who are essential to the continued affluence of the town.